SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bona Dea Update





I have not posted in some time. Have taken some pics but not posted here. The weather is really turning out to be pleasant these days after all the very hot weather recently. The birds are coming back to the park in flocks. Crows and Crackles and some flocks of ducks. Also some woodpeckers. Haven't seen the gator again since the post below. I did manage to see a Texas Rat snake. In this part of the world we call them Black or Chicken snakes. This one was meeting me on the trail and I tried to get it to stay on the smooth surface but it went into the woods and I followed it and it was getting late and had to use the flash to get the pics. Also I saw this man on what looks like a serf board using a paddle. I have seen him out on Lake Dardanelle across from the park on Fridays doing his thing. I suppose it it good exercise. The late Summer and early Fall wildflowers are in bloom and have some pics to post next.

No comments: