SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bona Dea Gator Update



Bona Dea was sunny and warmer and more humid today, Wednesday. I was feeding the fish as usual and then decided I would look around at some of the places where the Alligator hangs out. Sure enough I found it. It was facing the water with its tail going up hill on the bank. Never saw it in that position before. It was in a position to take off in the water in a hurry. I started taking photos then decided to try to get closer. When I moved in, it really jumped high with its feet and hit the water with a big splash. It went straight under water and I never did see it again. It did not come up for air or go swimming off. It must have moved away totally under water. People must have been messing with it and now having it too scared to stay put. These 2 photos showing it just before it took off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder what kind of people would mess with a "gator" - I would be far too scared to get anywhere near it!

John said...

Jewell, I suppose I am fortunate that I still have all my limbs. I have gotten too close to it. I need to be more careful.