SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bona Dea Update


Bona Dea was nice today. Mostly sunny. I thought the Turkey Vulchers had left the area but some time later they returned to their roosting spot in numbers and flew overhead. They later left to another roosting spot. I supprised several Mallard ducks in the creek and they supprised me as they suddenly flew away. Late in the evening flocks of Canadian Geese and Mallard Ducks flew in to Black Water Swamp to overnight. Another supprise was a lone smallish duck flew in to Waldon Pond and landed at the other end from me. It had a solid white head and a dark body. It was too late in the evening to see other details. Tried to I.D. it but cannot find anything so far. Have sent e-mails for help in doing this. If anyone has ideas let me know on comments. Looked kinda like a Clark or Western Grebe but these are found in the western U.S. Photo of Mallard Duck.

No comments: