SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bona Dea Update

Bona Dea was cloudy and mild today-Friday. My kind of day to be out and about. However there was not too much wildlife activity going on. I fed the fish at the spillway as usual. I took a photo of some wildflowers today and on other days and have identified them and will post them on separate posts after this one. At the old swinging bridge area on Prairie Creek there were numerous raccoon tracks at the edge of the water. On the deer trail across from the spillway, I saw the spot where the Alligator has been sunning or resting on the bank. It is well padded down and his skin marks are in the mud. Actually did not take a photo but will later. But guess what? I saw the gator for the first time since last August or September. I should have taken a photo but it was a good ways off and really thought it would come by for a visit and get closer. It disappeared really fast. Tomorrow I will probably have more to post as hopefully more wildlife will be out. Enjoy plant photos coming next.

No comments: