SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Saturday, April 3, 2010



I did not venture out to Bona Dea on Friday as a storm was occuring and it was raining and windy. Besides I had mowed the lawn on Thursday and this 145 year old man had to rest up. However on Thursday I took some photos of insects at the spillway. Literally at the spillway. One was a Bee Fly, Bombyliidae specie. It is the photo that shows the fuzzy bee flying. It is actually a type of fly and not a bee. It would not land for anything. So I had to photo it flying and I could not focus. This is a link to a good photo of one underneath my photo: http://bugguide.net/node/view/381068#644140 The other photo is of a Fragile Forktail Damselfly-female-Ischnura posita. Not a dragonfly. It is green making it a female. This is a link to a good close up shot of one: http://bugguide.net/node/view/306501/bgimage So things are coming alive this spring. You may be able to see the insects in above photos by double clicking on them.

No comments: