SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bona Dea Update








Bona Dea was mostly sunny today and cool. At the spillway there was a Belted Kingfisher bird trying to find its supper. Tufted Titmouse birds and Northern Cardinals were singing away. I fed the fish and a Red-eared Slider turtle. Also a couple of small Musk turtles swam up to the top of the water and had something to eat. I really did not get into anything else today as I finally got what I have been waiting years for. That is to see the Alligator totally out of the water and to take my own photos of it. So this was the day. This was supposed to be the smaller of the 2 adult gators at the park. But it was larger than it was last year for sure. I took several photos and also a video. The photos will be shown with this post and then the video in the next post. Enjoy, not too many people get to see this animal like this.

No comments: