SEE PHOTOS OF BONA DEA FEATURES AND PLANTS & WILDLIFE AT LINKS BELOW.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Bona Dea Update

Bona Dea was very cold today. Had to bundle up pretty good. I thought winter was over around here. I went to the east parking area first and saw some Robins and black birds flying overhead but then walked the Rabbit Run Trail and did not see anything. I went to the pumping station and above in Prarie Creek I scared a pair of Mallard Ducks and then walked a few feet and scared a flock of Blue-winged Teal ducks. Did not see them there at first. I walked up the paved ramp to Parkway Hwy to see over on Lake Dardanelle and saw my friends. There were 3 Double-crested Cormorants on the snag and another one trying to land with them but it was afraid too. It kept trying and then landed in the water close by and then just swam up to the snag and literally climbed up in stead of flying up. There were the usual Gulls flying about and also floating on the Lake. I turned around and headed back as I did not have long to stay this time.

No comments: